A Brief Note On The Varied Types Of Grommets And Washers
- The plain grommets are looked upon as the standard model, which works best in lighter or general applications. They combine with neck, tooth, or plain washers.
- The rolled rim grommets provide slightly thick material for the heavy-duty projects. Rolled lip usually engages with the spur washers.
- When talked about self-piercing grommets, you need to know these feature sharpened edges. Eliminating the requirement of pre-punching the holes, they pierce via the fabric while placing the grommet as well as washer in same step. It isn't recommended for thick or else multiple layer fabric.
- Plain washers usually work best in stationary or general uses.
- Tooth washers have interlocking teeth, which bite down for the heavier duty projects. Such washers come in small tooth form which pairs well with the self-piercing grommets.
- Spur washers provide more teeth as compared to the tooth washers exclusively and thus, they are looked upon as a secure and robust option. Thye're best for challenging conditions which experience movement.
- Neck washers flaunt longer flange, used to reinforce certain holes in the barrel-to-barrel settings. These are usually recommended for the thicker fabrics.